Everything You Need to Know About Instant Pot
You know people are seriously obsessed with a product when it has its own Facebook page with more than a million members. Instant Pot has made its mark on the culinary world in a big way, and it’s easy to see why. Here are eight reasons to start your own love affair with this hardworking small appliance.
1. The latest version performs seven functions.
It’s a pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice cooker, yogurt maker, sauté/searing pan, steamer and warming pot. Being multifunctional also means it frees up kitchen counter space, a boon for anyone with a small kitchen.
2. It speeds up cooking by two to six times using up to 70 percent less energy.
It’s fast (cooks a pot of beans in under an hour) and eco-friendly, an impressive combo.
3. The cooking pot is chemical free.
That’s good news for anyone who’s worried about harmful chemicals leaking from their cookware. Instant Pot is made of stainless steel, which is safe.
4. Its creators want you to eat better.
Developed by a team of Canadian tech pros and introduced in 2010, Instant Pot’s mission is to prepare quality food in less time, promoting better eating and reducing the consumption of fast food.
5. It keeps food warm even hours after it’s finished cooking.
When you work late or your kid’s soccer practice runs long, dinner will be ready and kept warm until everyone is ready to eat.
6. You can use it for everything – meats, vegetables, rice.
This electrical superstar even makes yogurt and dessert!
7. You can throw a frozen pork chop into Instant Pot and eat it 30 minutes later.
It’s part technology, part magic, but it’s all good when you don’t have to worry about defrosting food ahead of time.
8. There’s a devoted Facebook community available 24/7.
Besides sharing recipes, the Facebook group members are there for each other, whether it’s to dole out tips on how to avoid making a tough pot roast to why Instant Pot’s cheesecake recipe makes an indescribably delicious dessert.
BBQ Chicken Drumsticks
Try this easy recipe for a flavorful, crowd-pleasing dish
Recipe by Dr. Karen Lee; www.drkarenslee.com
Cooking technique: Pressure Cook
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
• 4-10 chicken drumsticks
• 1/4cup sweet paprika
• 4 ½ teaspoons black pepper freshly ground
• 1 tablespoon salt
• 1 ½ teaspoons celery salt
• 1 ½ teaspoons cayenne pepper
• 1 ½ teaspoons garlic powder
• 1 ½ teaspoons dry mustard
• 1 ½ teaspoons ground cumin
1. Add 3/4 cup of water in the Instant Pot. Place the trivet inside.
2. Place the chicken drumsticks on the trivet. Close the lid tightly and close the vent.
3. Press Poultry function on the Instant Pot and set the time to 20 minutes.
4. Preheat the oven to Broil. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
5. When the timer goes off, release pressure naturally. Open the lid and take out the drumsticks.
6. Coat the drumsticks with the BBQ rub evenly.
7. Place the drumsticks on the lined cookie sheet. Broil the drumsticks for 2 minutes per side or until the skin is browned. Be careful not to burn them.
8. Serve immediately.
Copyright © CTW Features